One of the most daunting tasks for any parent can be packing a healthy lunch for your child. You are pressed for time, you have other children to feed, and it can get stressful in the blink of an eye.
Today I am sharing my top ten list of go to items that I use in my daughters lunch box. Each of these items is simple and easy for kids to consume...no utensils required!
1. Berries (blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, and blackberries). My 2 kids can polish off a pint of blueberries in under 5 five minutes flat. It's pretty impressive!
2. Sliced cucumbers (also great with a dollop of hummus on the side). We prefer the English cukes, as they have much fewer seeds than some of the other cucumber varieties.
3. Sugar snap peas - one of our very favorite "grab and go" veggie choices.
4. Hard Boiled Eggs - I usually cut them in half to make them easier to bite into.
5. KIND Granola Bars. I have tried several of their granola bar varieties, and the 3 below are definitely my favorites for kids because they don't have chocolate. Not that I have a problem with chocolate, but I try and leave it out of the lunchbox (hopefully appreciated by the teachers).
6. Seedless Grapes
7. String Cheese - another protein packed option to help those bellies stay fuller for longer
8. Happy Squeeze Pouches - I recently discovered these in the grocery store and my kids LOVE them. A great way to sneak in some extra nutrition!
9. Chobani Greek Yogurt - I particularly love these tubes. If you freeze them first, by the time your child goes to open it at lunch time it will still be nice and cold.
10. Sandwiches made with whole wheat bread - I usually pack a sandwich each day for my daughter. We rotate between ham, turkey, chicken, egg salad (made with olive oil mayo) and PB&J. I cut the sandwiches in different ways, or add a short note to break things up and make each day a little different.
And now for a question...what are your go-to lunch box items? Please feel free to comment and share!
*A quick note about the brands mentioned above...this is not a sponsored post, so the opinions above are 100% my own.